The Koochiching Economic Development Authority (KEDA) is the development agency for Koochiching County in Minnesota’s great North Country. Economic development is about jobs and the KEDA was created to be the point-of-contact to assist and simplify the process of locating a business in Koochiching County or expanding an existing business. The KEDA can assist with site selection and development, finance and incentive options working with other economic development agencies, as well as act as a liaison between the various local units of government to handle all of the details of development.
Koochiching County has multitudes to offer you, your business and your family!
- A full service airport with daily scheduled commercial flights to Minneapolis and a first-rate highway system provide access.
- An abundant variety of recreational opportunities in four distinct seasons.
- A quality educational system including Rainy River Community College provides a committed and adaptable work force.
- The average cost of living is lower, getting more for your housing, utility, and taxation dollars, while the quality of living is high.
- A commitment and investment in infrastructure necessary to conduct business in the 21st century.
- The development of a Foreign Trade Zone that can provide duty and logistics benefits for companies importing products into the U.S. In 2015, the FTZ will expand to include all of Koochiching County. There are three business parks in three communities are ready for development with high-speed telecommunications in place including fiber optic, cable, and wireless options.
New Development Site – The Multi Modal District
- The City of International Falls has recently acquired land strategically located adjacent to rail and a designated truck route. The 44-acre “Multi Modal District” was recently created and utilities and rail have been brought to the site which is zoned M-2 (manufacturing) and is ideally suited for warehousing, manufacturing and assembly. The site has also recently been given Foreign Trade Zone Status. For more information visit: http://mn-internationalfalls.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/626